Due to limited space in general release anthologies, we do not review and reply to submissions for an anthology until the deadline for the anthology closes.
ENCHANTED SOLES — Bisexual Anthology Call — Many a tale is filled with enchanted objects that help to overcome insurmountable challenges. Swords, mirrors, pots, books—but none is more famous than the enchanted shoe, from a slipper made of glass to boots that walk seven leagues in a single step.
Less Than Three Press invites you to submit your tales of people assisted on their way by magical footwear.
- Deadline is August 31, 2015 (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
- Stories should be at least 10,000 words and should not exceed approx 20,000 words in length.
- Stories must revolve around the theme of magic shoes, feature a bisexual character, and contain a romance*.
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
*Aromantic & queer platonic relationships are accepted; email the editor for more info.
Enchanted Soles is a general release anthology, which means authors will receive a flat payment of $200.00 once LT3 has a signed contract. Examples: Private Dicks: Undercovers, Missed Connections, A Touch of Mistletoe. Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and two copies of the paperback compilation.
Stories should be complete before submitting, and as edited as possible—do not submit a first draft. They can be submitted in any format (doc, docx, rtf, odt, etc) preferably single spaced in an easy to read font (Times, Calibri, Arial) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Questions should be directed to Sasha L. Miller at email@example.com (or you can ping her on twitter @nikerymis). Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following in your email:
- Put SUBMISSIONS: ENCHANTED SOLES in the subject line! Emails without this subject line run the risk of not being seen or read, so please, do not forget this!
- Your real name, pen name (if you use one), and preferred email address.
- The approximate total length of the completed story.
- A brief summary of the story, not to exceed approximately 200 words in length.
- Attach the complete manuscript in .doc, .docx, or .odt format.