Due to limited space in general release anthologies, we do not review and reply to submissions for an anthology until the deadline for the anthology closes.
HEART OF STEEL
HEART OF STEEL — LGBTQIA — Knights are a well-established presence in the fiction landscape, from historical fiction to fantasy to romance. Be they chivalrous or ruthless, high or low born, noble warriors or dishonored soldiers, tales of knights are endlessly appealing—for their loyalty, their love, and all that they will do to serve and protect those to whom they are sworn.
Less Than Three Press invites you to submit stories about knights and all they are willing to do and endure for the sake of those they love and protect.
Editor’s note: We would like for this anthology to cover the full range of the spectrum. While all stories will be considered, preference will be given to stories featuring characters that are not cis-gay.
- Deadline is September 30, 2016 (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
- Put SUBMISSIONS: HEART OF STEEL in the subject line.
- Stories should be at least 10,000 words and should not exceed approx 20,000 words in length.
- Stories must revolve around the theme of knights.
- Stories may be any pairing except cisgender heterosexual M/F (trans* M/F, M/M, F/F, poly, ace/aro, and all permutations thereof are acceptable).
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
Heart of Steel is a general release anthology, which means authors will receive a flat payment of $200.00 once LT3 has a signed contract. Examples: Lovely, Dark and Deep, A Touch of Mistletoe. Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and two copies of the paperback compilation.
Stories should be complete before submitting, and as edited as possible—do not submit a first draft. They can be submitted in any format (doc, docx, rtf, odt, etc) preferably single spaced in an easy to read font (Times, Calibri, Arial) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Questions should be directed to the Editor in Chief, Samantha M. Derr, at email@example.com (or you can ping her on twitter @rykaine). Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.