Due to limited space in general release anthologies, we do not review and reply to submissions for an anthology until the deadline for the anthology closes.
Lovely, Dark, and Deep
Lovely, Dark, and Deep — An Anthology Call — Wolves, fairies, ghosts, errant campers, and witches … fiction is rife with tales of what happens when people dare to enter, or leave, the woods. A classic setting from the oldest fairytale to the newest thriller, the adventure and danger that comes from wandering around a forest, or a jungle, provides endless opportunity for new stories.
Less Than Three Press is seeking tales of all that can happen in the woods when those who shouldn’t be there venture into them anyway…
- Deadline is August 31, 2014 (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
- Stories should be at least 10,000 words and should not exceed approx 20,000 words in length.
- Stories may be any pairing except cisgender M/F (trans* M/F, M/M, F/F, poly, and all permutations thereof are acceptable).
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
- IMPORTANT: Completed manuscripts should be emailed to email@example.com with LOVELY, DARK, AND DEEP in the subject line. Please include the title of your work, your name, pen name, word count, and a brief summary of the story in your email.
Lovely, Dark, and Deep is a general release anthology, which means authors will receive a flat payment of $200.00 once LT3 has a signed contract.
Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and 2 print volumes of the compiled anthology.
Manuscripts should be complete before submitting, and as edited as possible. They can be submitted in any format (doc, docx, rtf, odt, etc), preferably single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font (Times, Calibri, Arial) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Any questions should be directed to the editor Michael Jay at Michael Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org.