FOR THE HOARD
For the Hoard — LGBTQIA Dragon Collection Call — Everyone knows dragons love their treasure, and only a fool gets between a dragon and their hoard. But treasure isn’t always gold and jewels; sometimes it’s the very last thing anyone would expect. Sometimes, even a dragon may not know what it is they treasure most until it’s gone.
Less Than Three Press invites you to submit stories of dragons, hoards, and what happens when the bold or unwary dares to disturb them.
- Deadline is January 31, 2017 (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
- Stories should be at least 20,000 words and should not exceed approx 50,000 words in length.
- Stories must feature at least one LGBTQIA character and must adhere to the theme of dragons and hoards.
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
FOR THE HOARD is a collection, meaning stories will be sold individually and authors paid royalties. Examples: Solitary Travelers, The Devil’s Land. Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces. Books 40,000 words and up will also be published in print and those authors will receive 4 paperback copies of their book.
Stories should be complete before submitting and edited—do not submit a first draft. They can be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font (we prefer Calibri size 12) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Any questions should be directed to the Editor in Chief, Samantha M. Derr, at firstname.lastname@example.org (or you can ping her on twitter @rykaine). Submissions should be sent to email@example.com.