Serial Fiction Submissions
LT3 is looking for stories for our Serial Fiction. Stories submitted for serialization should:
- Be at least 35,000 words in length, but ideally in the 50,000 range, and not over 200,000
- Be suited to being broken down into sections of roughly 5,000 words. LT3 posts stories in approximately 10-page sections, so stories with chapters/section/parts that fall well below or over this do not work well.
- Be extremely engaging. Serials run for months at a time, and should keep the reader coming back for more. A story too easily figured out or too slow paced will not retain reader interest.
- Be complete. We are willing to consider incomplete manuscripts, but we prefer a completed manuscript. If we do accept an incomplete manuscript, it will not be published until we receive a complete version.
All genres are accepted for serialization. We gladly accept contemporary, fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal, historical, etc. If you think your story would be ideally suited, by all means submit it for consideration.
Serial Fairy Tale Submissions
LT3 is always looking for new fairy tales for our Fairy Tales Serial, our longest running serial and one of our most popular.
- Fairy Tales submissions should be at least 10,000 words. Anything less is too short to run as a serial, as we post them in 5,000 word sections. They should not exceed approx 50,000 words in length, as we do not like a single fairy tale to run for too long (however, if you have a longer fairy tale and feel it is a good fit for LT3, feel free to submit it as a general submission).
- Creativity is important. The point of rewriting a fairy tales is to put a new spin on it, get readers to see it in a new light. Simply exchanging the gender of a character and telling the same tale is insufficient.
- Fairy tale submissions should be complete. While we are willing to consider incomplete fairy tales, we strongly prefer completed stories as they do not run as long as full length serials, so we need the new ones ready and waiting.