What We Want
Due to an overwhelming number of recent submissions, LT3 is temporary closed to general submissions. We will reopen to submissions again in the near future. We are still accepting submissions for our open collection call, Written in the Stars.
If you recently submitted a manuscript and have not heard back, we are processing all submissions in the order we received them, and will reply within 4-8 weeks of your receipt of submission. (If you did not receive the auto-confirmation receipt, please get in touch and we can confirm whether we received your submission.)
If you are an author who has previously had a manuscript accepted by LT3, contact Editor in Chief Samantha Derr at email@example.com or Acquisitions Editor Amanda Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org with any new submissions.
General calls are (generally) always open. LT3 is currently open to general submissions.
General Release Anthologies means stories are written on a theme and sold as a compiled ebook (and typically, paperback). You receive one flat payment, typically $200 (this may vary by anthology) and no royalties.
Collections means stories are written on a theme. Stories in collections are sold individually as ebooks. You receive standard ebook royalties.
Less Than Three Press looks for creative LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual/pansexual, trans, queer, intersex, asexual/aromantic/agender) romances in any genre. The primary focus of Less Than Three Press is romance. We're committed to the belief that romance assumes many forms and shapes: relationships built on platonic love and relationships built on romantic love. We very much want to give everyone a story they deserve, and we want stories that focus on the relationship and end happily.
What we accept:
- Happy for now (HFN) and happily ever after (HEA) endings
- Fantasy, urban fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal/supernatural, contemporary, historical, punk (steam, solar, etc)
- Aromantic, queerplatonic, and similar platonic relationships
- Shifters and non-human characters
- Polyamory (in any permutation, ie, f/f/f, nb/f/m, m/m/f/f, etc)
- Age differences
- Stories with or without explicit/erotic content
Less Than Three Press does not require first publication rights. If you've published a story elsewhere first, we will consider it (provided your publication rights have been returned to you).
What we do not accept:
- Cisgender, heterosexual, heteroromantic m/f*
- Young Adult (YA)
- Tragic or ambiguous endings
- Characters engaging in any manner of sexual activity with another character who is under the legal age of consent
- Stories that appear to "fix" the aromantic/asexual character
- Bestiality (Note: this does not include non-human characters or shifter characters in shifted form)
- Rape. Gratuitous rape for the sake of easy hurt/comfort or sexual appeal is not accepted here. It is acceptable for rape to be part of the main protagonist/antagonist's past. If you feel it is absolutely imperative to the plot of your story that an instance of rape occurs, we ask that the scene fade to black and the rape itself occur off page. **
* Cisgender m/f relationships in which one or both of the characters is bisexual, pansexual, asexual, or aromantic are acceptable.
** We will not consider stories wherein rape is perpetrated by any of the main characters. This includes non-consensual (non-con) sex; stories featuring dubious-consent (dub-con) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 45% of cover price for all sales through LT3's Book Market
- 40% of gross earnings for sales through 3rd party distributors
- Author copies
- 20% of cover price for all sales of print books
- Author copies
- One-time payment of $200
- Author copies of ebook and print
Note that royalty percentages are split for co-authored works. For example, a story written by two authors would earn each author 22.5% of the cover price for all ebook sales through LT3's Book Market.