BOUND BY NOTHING
Bound by Nothing — LGBTQIA Collection Call — Shifters are a league above humans: stronger, faster, more powerful, better senses; sometimes they’re longer lived and have special abilities—even magic. The one thing seldom seen in shifter stories are disabilities. Werewolves who can’t hear, werefalcons who can’t see, shifters with chronic pain or severe depression—where are their stories?
Less Than Three Press invites you to submit stories of shifters with disabilities, from the physical to mental, visible to invisible.
- Deadline is January 21, 2019
- Stories should be at least 20,000 words and should not exceed approx 60,000 words in length.
- Please put “Submission – Bound by Nothing” in the subject line
- Stories must be about a shifter who has a disability of some sort. ALL disabilities are welcome, be it missing limbs, chronic illness, hearing or vision impairment, mental illness, etc.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, urban fantasy, steampunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces. Authors with works 40k or longer will receive 4 print copies of their book.
Stories should be complete before submitting, and thoroughly edited—do not submit a first draft. They can be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Submission: Bound by Nothing” in the subject line.