HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Home for the Holidays — LGBTQIA Collection Call — In a busy world where something always needs to get done and it feels like family and friends always have to be pushed to last place, holidays are one of the few times we allow ourselves to come together with loves one—or enjoy some valuable quiet time alone.
Less Than Three Press invites you to submit stories about holidays, and all the ways we celebrate them.
- Deadline is June 30, 2018
- Stories should be at least 15,000 words and should not exceed approx 40,000 words in length.
- Please put “Submission – Home for the Holidays” in the subject line
- Stories must focus on a holiday, and preference will be given to holidays that do not get much mainstream attention (i.e. we are looking for stories that go beyond Christmas, Thanksgiving, and similar).
- This call is for the entire LGBTQIA spectrum, including aromantic stories that focus on friendship/queerplatonic relationships. Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end. Any pairings (or poly) welcome.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS is a collection, meaning stories will be sold individually and authors paid royalties. Examples: For the Hoard, My Dearest Enemy, Sharing the Season. Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces.
Stories should be complete before submitting and edited—do not submit a first draft. They can be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com.